Green Tea Extract
Latin Name :Gamellia sinensis O.Ktze
Part Used: Leaf
Appearance:Light Yellow Powder
Active Ingredient: Polypherals and EGCG
Specifications: TP 20%-98%
Test Method: HPLC
The application of tea has a history of about one thousand years, not only can it has efficacy of quench your thirst and refresh yourself, but also it has many functions in medical treatment and health protection. This is because it contains special chemical composition such as tea polyphenols. Tea polyphenols (Green tea extract) has been validated in clinic by modern medicine, of which the capacity can clear free radicals effectively, at present it has been widely used in area of medical health products, food and daily articles.
Tea polyphenols has been validated In the application of medicine and health products, It's definite medical function in medicine and health products as follows:
1. Anti-aging and improving the immunity capacity.
2. Curing Cardiovascular disease and curing conjee sclerosis of artery.
3. Increasing leucocyte in the cause of chemical treatment and radioactive treatment for cancer.
4. Resisting the tumour and the break of blood vessel.
5. Restraining and killing the production and growth of pathogeny bacterium and virus.
6. Resisting radiation.
7. Losing weight.
Tea Polyphenols has strong anti-oxidation, its capacity in anti-oxidation is about 3-9 times as much as VE, PG, BHI, BHA. In 1989 it has been listed in GB2760-89 standard of food Additive Association, and is well received by food enterprise with their natural effective anti-oxidation, anti-bacteriun and health protection function. The followings are the application of tea Polyphenols in food industry:
1. Preventing the oxidation of lipidic foods and prolonging the shelf life.
2. Restrining bacterium widely and intensively.
3. Restrining the production of nitrite in bloat-meat food.
4. Restraining the decomposation and destroy of food pigment,Vitamin and carrot element.
5. Preventing candy from oxidation and acidification, protecting teeth from decaying and clearing away peculiar smell in mouth.
6. Preventing aquatic products from growth of bacterium, getting brown and getting rid of peculiar smell.
Tea polyphenols can prevent skin albumen from oxidation and avoid forming brown pigment, so it is added in cosmetic. In addition, It is a kind of fine additive materials for the health of skin of human body because of the functions of restraining bacterium, diminishing inflammation and anti-radiation. Now it has been used in products of cream cosmetic, skin protection articles, astringent, bath liquid, deodorizer, toothpaste and gargle water, etc.